Sunday, May 4, 2014

Sight Word Chart

This year I was moved to a new classroom. It had less wall space than my last classroom and I could not fit my sight word wall no where. The walls either had bulletin boards or they were in an awkward location. My brain went off and I had an idea. So here it is...


So let me explain exactly what I did. I found these wonderful ABC's on teachers pay teachers (http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Chevron-Owl-Word-Wall-Headers-712757), and I put command hooks underneath. I hole punched my sight words and put it on a ring. Each sight word is a different color. This way students can take the sight words off and use them and when I introduce a new word I can take it wherever I want. My kids this year loved it. They loved seeing me adding more words, and loved being able to manipulate the words.

No comments:

Post a Comment