The rest of the day went by so fast, which means I had a total of three pictures from the whole day. Two of which were taken by someone else. Our day was filled with tons of fun activities, I had more activities planned but we ran out of time. Here are the activities that we were able to accomplish:
- Hundred day of school hat: Each hat had ten pieces of construction paper, each piece of decorated with things the students accomplished so far (ten of their favorite sight words, students name, letters, numbers, pattern, etc).
- Hundred day snack: Students made a snack with ten different things. Students were able to have ten of each thing. There snack had a total of a hundred things. I used pretzels, mini chocolate chips, M&M's, mini marshmellows, marshmellow ice cream, chex mix, gummi bears, vanilla chocolate chips, fruit loops, and cheerios. Obviously you can choose other things for students to add.
- Hundred day necklace: Students counted out a hundred fruit loops and were able to make them into a necklace. My students were really sneaky because I forgot to take away their bowls when they were done counting, so they added more to finish out the necklace (which gave them a lot more than a hundred).
- 100 cup stem activity: Students were able to build with a hundred cups. We read a quick book about building and then I gave each group a hundred cups and they saw who could build the highest structure out of the cups. My kids are super innovative.
- Make a hundred with students: As a grade level we got together and had students make a number 100. This was the perfect picture for our yearbook. I am so glad we came up with the idea.
The day went by so fast but we had a great day. My Kindergarten Krew and I got together and made shirts for the day. My students called it my special shirt, and keep asking where they could get one at. Each shirt had a hundred things on it. I had a great hundred day of school. It was long but definitely enjoyable. Here is my awesome Kindergarten Krew!